What’s the truth about helping others change?
In this podcast series I interview Roy Sugarman, Phd, author of ‘Motivation For Coaches & Personal Trainers’. He is also serves as the Director of Sports Psychology for EXOS.
Here in part three of this podcast series we discuss the following:
- What’s the difference between extrinsic vs intrinsic motivation?
- Can extrinsic reward have instrinsic value?
- What do you do when you work with athletes who refuse to accept responsibility?
- What happens when as athlete says ‘I can’t trust my equipment/my teammate/etc.’?
- What does ‘scaffolding’ mean and how can coaches apply this concept with their athletes?
- What is the 1-6-5 approach to mental performance?
- Plus more!
For more information about Dr. Roy Sugarman visit www.roysugarman.com
If you found this episode useful… I NEED YOUR HELP!
My goal is for the Coach Your Best podcast to be one of the featured podcast resources on iTunes for coaches worldwide so I can help out as many coaches as possible! But in order to do that I need your help. The way that iTunes determines which podcast shows get featured is by how many people download the podcast, leave reviews (key!), and also subscribe.
These podcasts are free and it usually takes me two days to prepare, record, edit, and produce each show but with your help I know I can help many others just like you! I would be grateful if you took literally less than 60 seconds and left an honest review of the show. Click Here to Open iTunes
Ask Questions Or Share Feedback
- Comment on the show and/or let me know how I can help you be a better coach
- Email me at athletebydesign(at)gmail.com or click here