How To Get Better At Getting Better
Here’s How To Enter To Win A FREE Copy Of Doug’s Book
- Enter your name and email address above
- Tweet out the following phrase to your twitter followers ‘Listen to the #PracticePerfect episode on the @athletebydesign podcast’
>> The more people that enter the more books I get to give away! The winners will be announced via my twitter account (follow me) AND in my online newsletter December, 15, 2014! <<
In this podcast series I interview author Doug Lemov, author of ‘Practice Perfect’ and ‘Teach Like A Champion’.
Here in part two of this podcast series we discuss the following while focusing on the second part of his book ‘Feedback”:
- Rule 14 ‘Make Each Minute Matter’: Your opening statement is ‘If you want to be a coach go buy a whistle’. What exactly do you mean by that?
- Rule 23: you discuss the importance of using feedback not just getting it. Can you talk about this idea of ‘The OK Plateau’ and how this applies to athletes?
- How can coaches implement the concept of ‘tacit accountability’ in their practices?
- Rule 25: Why is it important for coaches to shorten their feedback loop?
- What do you tell coaches who give too much feedback and way too frequently/
- Coaches often fall into the trap of a deficit mindset and use feedback to fix a weakness or correct an error. However, in Rule 26 you discuss the importance of making feedback positive…why is this important?
- Many young coaches equate praise with positive feedback…but why is this the weakest kind of positive feedback? What are the 3 simple tools for making positive feedback effective? p.12
- Rule 29: Why should coaches be focused on describing solutions rather than problems when giving feedback?
- Plus more!
For more information about Doug visit www.teachlikeachampion.com
If you found this episode useful… I NEED YOUR HELP!
My goal is for the Coach Your Best podcast to be one of the featured podcast resources on iTunes for coaches worldwide so I can help out as many coaches as possible! But in order to do that I need your help. The way that iTunes determines which podcast shows get featured is by how many people download the podcast, leave reviews (key!), and also subscribe.
These podcasts are free and it usually takes me two days to prepare, record, edit, and produce each show but with your help I know I can help many others just like you! I would be grateful if you took literally less than 60 seconds and left an honest review of the show. Click Here to Open iTunes
Ask Questions Or Share Feedback
- Comment on the show and/or let me know how I can help you be a better coach
- Email me at athletebydesign(at)gmail.com or click here