In part one of this new podcast series titled ‘The YOUR BEST Mindset’ I am joined by Dr. Carol Dweck, best selling author of ‘Mindset- The New Psychology of Success’.
Dr. Dweck is one of the world’s leading researchers in the field of motivation and is the Lewis and Virginia Eaton Professor of Psychology at Stanford University. Her research has focused on why people succeed and how to foster success. She has held professorships at Columbia and Harvard Universities, has lectured all over the world, and has been elected to the American Academy of Arts and Sciences.
Her scholarly book Self-Theories: Their Role in Motivation, Personality, and Development was named Book of the Year by the World Education Federation. Her work has been featured in such publications as The New Yorker, Time, The New York Times, The Washington Post, and The Boston Globe, and she has appeared on Today and 20/20.
To find out more about Dr. Dweck and her book visit www.mindsetonline.com
Below are a few topics from our discussion in part one:
- What inspired you to write the book ‘Mindset’?
- Give us an overview of ‘the two mindsets’ as it relates to being your best
- How hard is it to switch to a growth mindset?
- Is it actually possible for veteran coaches to change?
- How can mindset change the meaning of failure?
- How can mindset change the meaning of effort?
- Plus more!
Ask Questions Or Share Feedback
- Comment on the show and/or let me know how I can help you be a better coach
- Email me at athletebydesign(at)gmail.com or click here
If you liked this podcast episode you can subscribe to the podcast by click on the image below: