Do Your Athletes Struggle With Being Resilient?
I have a conversation with Dr. Mustafa Sarkar and his research on resiliency and adversity in elite athletes and teams where we discuss:
- What's your background in Sports Science?
- My challenge of playing Cricket
- What's a practical definition of 'resiliency'?
- The different types of being resilience
- What are the various sources of pressure for high performers?
- What is meant by the phrase 'challenge appraisal'?
- What is 'perceived social support' and why is this important regarding being resilient?
- Who plays the strongest support role for a resilient athlete?
- 5 Psychological factors of being resilient
- What role does adversity play in the ability to be resilient?
- What is the most common sports adversity in your study of Olympic Athletes?
- What role does self-identity play in being resilient?
- Practical advice for coaches on how to help your athletes become more resilient
Nottingham Trent University (NTU) staff profile: https://www.ntu.ac.uk/staff-