Do you currently use an injury risk profile program? If not here's how...
In this episode of 'Coach's You Should Know' I have a conversation with my buddy David Joyce about his latest book 'Sports Injury Prevention & Rehabiliation' and we talk about:
- What does the phrase 'Coach Your Best' mean to you?
- What were the 2-3 things that you took away from your experience when writing this book?
- What was your favorite chapter in this book?
- What do you mean by the 'injury risk profiling process'?
- How do you apply the 'Generic Warning Index' to sports?
- Breaking down an injury risk profile for an Olympic Swimmer
- How to create a 'Specific Warning Index'
- The BEST podcast episode David has listened two in the past two years!
- How often should a coach 'screen' an athlete?
- The test David Joyce gave me two years ago and am I still using it?
David Joyce is one of the first people in the world to lecture on and hold postgraduate master's degrees encompassing both sports science and sports medicine. He has trained, rehabilitated, and maintained multiple World and Olympic Champions, along with more than 100 national champions and 300 national representatives. The first athletic performance coach in history to work with Team China after having worked with another national Olympic team, Joyce is currently head of athletic performance at Western Force, the most traveled team in world sport, in the toughest club rugby competition in the world spanning Australia, New Zealand and South Africa. He lives in Western Australia.