How To Get Better At Getting Better
In this podcast series I interview author Doug Lemov, author of ‘Practice Perfect’ and ‘Teach Like A Champion’.
Here in part one of this podcast series we discuss the following while focusing on the first part of his book titled ‘Rethinking Practice’:
- What does the word teacher mean to you?
- What inspired you to write this book?
- What does it mean to ‘engage the dream of better’?
- Why is it important to ‘replace a purpose with an objective’?
- Why is it important to ‘differentiate a drill from a scrimmage’?
- Why is it important to ‘correct instead of critique’?
- What’s the one thing coaches should look to do when correcting?
- Plus more!
For more information about Doug visit www.teachlikeachampion.com
If you found this episode useful… I NEED YOUR HELP!
My goal is for the Coach Your Best podcast to be one of the featured podcast resources on iTunes for coaches worldwide so I can help out as many coaches as possible! But in order to do that I need your help. The way that iTunes determines which podcast shows get featured is by how many people download the podcast, leave reviews (key!), and also subscribe.
These podcasts are free and it usually takes me two days to prepare, record, edit, and produce each show but with your help I know I can help many others just like you! I would be grateful if you took literally less than 60 seconds and left an honest review of the show. Click Here to Open iTunes
Ask Questions Or Share Feedback
- Comment on the show and/or let me know how I can help you be a better coach
- Email me at athletebydesign(at)gmail.com or click here