In this brand new podcast series titled ‘Play Your Best Basketball’ I am joined by coach Brian McCormick. During this episode we discuss the following:
- How do you define ‘Basketball Intelligence’?
- What are some qualities of an ‘Intelligent Player’?
- What would you say makes your approach unique to others out there?
- What is a ‘Teaching Games For Understanding Model’?
- What do you mean by ‘basketball is an open skill sport’?
- What do you mean by ‘Task Complexity’ and why is this important for younger coaches to understand?
- What’s the single most important thing that a coach can do this week to help develop basketball intelligence?
- Plus more!
McCormick’s coaching career includes stops at the youth, high school, college and professional levels. McCormick founded and wrote the Level 1 certification curriculum for the Youth Basketball Coaching Association to assist non-profit organizations with the development of their volunteer coaches and to disseminate information for coaches. He is also the author of numerous books including ‘Developing Basketball Intelligence’ and ‘Crossover-The New Model Of Youth Basketball Development’. For more about Brian click here.
Ask Questions Or Share Feedback
- Comment on the show and/or let me know how I can help you be a better coach
- Email me at athletebydesign(at)gmail.com or click here
If you liked this podcast episode you can subscribe to the podcast by clicking on the image below: