From A Practical Approach To Using Technology To Why You Might Be Using Medballs All Wrong
This is part 2 of my conversation with Coach Carl Valle where we discuss the following:
- What exactly does the term technology mean?
- Using technology in sports performance
- What's the relationship between technology and testing?
- Why coaches need to create sustainable workflows when using technology
- If you can't even do THIS ONE THING don't bother using technology
- For coaches just getting started with technology start here
- The difference between training to get better numbers vs training to get better
- Are coaches using medballs incorrectly?
- What's the real purpose of why athletes should use medballs?
- The relationship between the low back and acceleration
- The #1 problem with the medball chest pass to sprint exercise
- "Medicine balls are to be used to express abilities not build abilities"
- Understanding loading progressions when using medballs
Coach Valle has coached Track and Field at every level, from high school to the Olympic level in the sprints and hurdles. He has had the privilege of working with great athletes that have been All-American and school record holders. A technology professional, Coach Valle has expertise in performance data as well as an understanding for practical application of equipment and software. Carl is currently the lead sport technologist for SpikesOnly.com, and focuses his time on testing elite athletes and using technology to help everyone on any level of human performance reach their goals.