What You Should Know About Fun Maps
In this podcast series I interview Dr. Amanda Visek, lead researcher and Sports Psychologist at George Washington University on the recent published study on ‘Fun Integration Theory’.
Here in this podcast we discuss the following:
- What is the ‘Fun Integration Theory’ and why should coaches know about it?
- What was unique in how you performed this research?
- What were the three most important ‘Fun Factors’ in your study?
- Where did ‘winning’ come into play regarding your ‘fun statements’?
- What do you mean by ‘Fun Maps’ and how can coaches best use these in their own program?
- How are you defining ‘mental bonuses’and ‘swag’ as part of the ‘fun factors’ in your study?
- What is an ‘availability heuristic’ and why should coaches understand this concept?
- What role do you see parents playing when it comes to kids having fun in their sport?
- What are the two or three biggest take aways for coaches from your research?
- Did the concept of ‘instant gratification’ influence any of your fun factors?
- Plus more!
For more information about Amanda connect with her on twitter @ajvisek or on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/in/
Click here for the Fun Integration Theory Study
Click Here for the article on Fun Integration Theory
If you found this episode useful… I NEED YOUR HELP!
My goal is for the Coach Your Best podcast to be one of the featured podcast resources on iTunes for coaches worldwide so I can help out as many coaches as possible! But in order to do that I need your help. The way that iTunes determines which podcast shows get featured is by how many people download the podcast, leave reviews (key!), and also subscribe.
These podcasts are free and it usually takes me two days to prepare, record, edit, and produce each show but with your help I know I can help many others just like you! I would be grateful if you took literally less than 60 seconds and left an honest review of the show. Click Here to Open iTunes
Ask Questions Or Share Feedback
- Comment on the show and/or let me know how I can help you be a better coach
- Email me at athletebydesign(at)gmail.com or click here